Meedio Essentials Control

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
David-SFN

Meedio Essentials Control

Post by David-SFN »

I may be rehashing something that has come up before but what totally amazes me is that Meedio Housebot doesn't have the power to control Meedio Essentials. I have noticed that essentials has a web control port option and can be controlled via a wide array of options but its seems entirely silly that you can't do it via housebot. Considering this would be one of the selling points of both packages it would be nice to see.

Now I may be totally wrong and there may be a way to do it but none that i've seen so far so if i'm wrong please tell.
switzch

Post by switzch »

This is in the works (or so we have been told) but since meediotv has taken so long to release this feature has been delayed.

Its easy to control meedio (up, down, left, right, ect...) through girder. What would realyl make the two special is the abilty to browse meedio's meedia libraries through housebot.
David-SFN

Post by David-SFN »

Ahh that makes sense.

I had a look at girder and controlling meedio via windows messaging but being a complete novice to the WM Api will that method work over networked machines as I run a dedicated server for housebot and have 5 media boxes floating around. So I guess what i'm asking is will it work over network (just a yes or no would be fine as I can work out the rest from there)
switzch

Post by switzch »

Yep.. Over a network will work. You may need to install girder on both machines so it looks like this.

Housebot -> Girder ----via network---> Girder -> Meedio

You may be able to have it work like this (but im not sure)

Housbot --via network--> Girder --> Meedio

Good luck. What Control device will you be using?