Erroneous time field values from System Time device

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Paul Forgey

Erroneous time field values from System Time device

Post by Paul Forgey »

Only between the hours of 2:00am-2:59am this happens. From the "System Time" device, the "TimeAndDate" field always shows the correct time. However, the "Time" and "Time Without Seconds" fields are one hour behind. e.g. right now they show the time as 1:27am while it is in fact 2:27am. Once 3:00am hits, all three fields agree again.

Windows XP SP2, "(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana" time zone in Windows' Date and Time Properties.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

:? Very strange. Does it do this every night?

All of those properties are built with the same time/date variables in the plugin, so I'm not sure I understand how this could be.

Are you seeing this from the Property History view or from a SWRemote?
Scott
Paul Forgey

Post by Paul Forgey »

ScottBot wrote::? Very strange. Does it do this every night?

All of those properties are built with the same time/date variables in the plugin, so I'm not sure I understand how this could be.

Are you seeing this from the Property History view or from a SWRemote?

Seeing this in both the property view and the sw remote. I have a field on my remote panel showing the current time without seconds, which is how I discovered this.

I tried randomly setting a few dates both in standard and daylight times and the behavior is the same. With my test time of 2:30am, I'm seeing 2:30am in the TimeAndDate field and 1:30am in the others.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I found the problem. For Time properties that don't include the date (like "Time" and "Time Without Seconds"), I use an arbitrary date in 2000. Unfortunately, the daylight savings calculation is kicking in for the date and causing it to adjust the time by one hour.

I'm not sure why it only effects that one particular hour.

It will be fixed in the next update.
Scott