W800 vs W800RF32

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

W800 vs W800RF32

Post by Richard Naninck »

A Plugin W800.zip is built for HouseBot. There is also a W800RF32 device which also handles the extended X10 codes etc. Now, I don't need these codes, but the W800RF32 is available where I live and the W800 isn't. Would the W800RF32 also work on the W800.zip plugin (except for the extended codes of course)???
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The plugin will work with any of the 800 models (W800, W800A, W800RF32, W800RF32A), since the protocol is the same for all.
Scott
Richard Naninck

W800

So for my next question then; Is the extended W800RF32 code supported in this plugin, or just the 16 bit version?

Richard
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Richard,

What extended codes are you interested in? It does support reception of the security and sensor codes sent from remotes and pendants.
Scott
Richard Naninck

Extended codes

Security motion detector recognition is all I needed to know. That way I can setup an X10 alarm while using the bi-directional (extended code) motion sensors as triggers to switch lights at motion when the alarm is not armed. I don't have to buy extra X10 motion sensors that transmit standard X10 House/Unitcodes to trigger lights etc.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Just make sure it is version 2.02 of the plugin that you are running for the security features. I know I added them later, but can't remember if the download was also updated.
Scott
Richard Naninck

W800 Keychain Remote Panic button

Hi,

I just tested all of the extended W800 commands. Everything works fine except that the two red panic buttons on the keychain remote are not received by the W800. All 4 other commands (Arm, Pendant disarm, Pendant Lights on and Off) work fine.

I also tested with the task to copy the received X10 data to the CM11A by testing on Composite Property NOT EQUAL "No MATCH" Then X10 Controller.Compostie Property = .....

For some reason this task puts my system into a continuous loop. If the last received command was Lamp Off and I press lamp On, the task keeps on switching between On and Off. I guess a way to fix this would be to set the composite property to something that doesn't exist. I haven't tested that yet, but the help file suggests it should work with only setting whatever is received on the composite property.

I also find that trying to DIM a Light with an X10 remote is no option. It happens in delayed steps and the remote is too quick for the received commands which makes the system lag lots of DIM commands after I stopped pressing the DIM button on the remote. Am I doing something wrong here? I just hoped that I could get rid of my transceiver but I guess I keep it for Dimming my lights.

Richard
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: W800 Keychain Remote Panic button

Post by ScottBot »

Richard Naninck wrote:Everything works fine except that the two red panic buttons on the keychain remote are not received by the W800.
I'm not sure why this is. Can you run a hardware interface trace of the W800 while pressing those buttons and send it to me?
...For some reason this task puts my system into a continuous loop. If the last received command was Lamp Off and I press lamp On, the task keeps on switching between On and Off.
It's hard to say what the issue is. Anytime you are using a property in a Task condition that is also used in the task, or shortly thereafter, can lead to feedback loops like this.
... which makes the system lag lots of DIM commands after I stopped pressing the DIM button on the remote. Am I doing something wrong here?
The big difference is that if you hold down a Dim button on a remote it sends something like A1;Dim;Dim;Dim;Dim... which gives faster dimming. In HouseBot, you will get A1;Dim;pause;A1;Dim;pause;A1;Dim... The additional data and pausing makes the Dimming much slower than a hardware solution.
Scott
Richard Naninck

W800 DIM

Hi,

I will have a friend of mine react to the trace later on. I found a document in which the protocol is described and all the commands are described as well. In this document the Panic option for the keychainremote is also left out. So it looks like this whole command is not present in the code. To be sure, we will provide a hardware trace asap. We could also test if the panic button on the large security remote does function.

As for the DIM repeat, wouldn't it be possible to implement the standard remotes behaviour so the W800 becomes compatible with the remote?

Richard
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: W800 DIM

Post by ScottBot »

Richard Naninck wrote:As for the DIM repeat, wouldn't it be possible to implement the standard remotes behaviour so the W800 becomes compatible with the remote?
You can just send Dim or Bright commands using the Direct X10 Command Property of one of the HouseBot X10 Devices.

For example, you can set value to just Bright and it will raise the level by 1. Or Bright;5 to raise it by 5.
Scott
Richard Naninck

DIM or Bright

I know, I already tried that, but you see the lights go DIM or Bright in steps whereas the remote would be a smooth DIM all the way.

It actually doesn't matter that much. I will keep the tranceiver and use the W800 for my alarm functions.

Richard