Buttons not visible on "add new control" dialog

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Tofer

Buttons not visible on "add new control" dialog

Post by Tofer »

When I right click on a theme to add a new control, I can only see the top edge (not clickable) of the 'ok, apply and cancel" buttons on the dialog where you choose the control type. I have never had this problem before, and I'm using the latest Housebot.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Buttons not visible on "add new control" dialo

Post by ScottBot »

Tofer wrote:... I have never had this problem before, and I'm using the latest Housebot.
Do you mean that it used to work ok with HouseBot?

What if you press the "Add Control" button from the theme toolbar?

When you say you can only see the top edge, is it because the window is moved far off the bottom of the screen, or is the window very small?
Scott
Tofer

Buttons not displaying

Post by Tofer »

No, the dialog is not just off the edge of the screen.... I think I might be able to fix that one on my own.... The dialog itself (which a non-resizable modal dialog, to be specific) is just too small to fit the buttons at the bottom. I can just barely see a hit of them at the edge of the dialog box..

I'm going to try reinstalling housebot... maybe I have some type of resource file corruption... Any advice on saving my existing housebot configuration?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I'm not so sure that reinstalling HouseBot will help. If you want to reinstall, save off the HouseBot Config directory. After the new install, copy the old Config over the new.

Are you using a standard (96) DPI (font sizes) on your system? If you're using a larger DPI, the font may push the controls off the bottom of the dialog.

Send me a screen shot if you can. I'm at [email protected]
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Tofer

Set the background to a bigger sized bitmap and then you will be able to see the buttons and move them up into a more suitable position. Then you can change the background bitmap back to a smaller bitmap and finish positioning the buttons.

This is not an uncommon problem if in your theme you had one panel that contained a larger bitmap (copied from another theme) and then replaced the background with a smaller bitmap -- causes buttons that wre along the bottom of the original background to (almost)disappear with the new background size since the panel resizes to the background bitmap
Tofer

Post by Tofer »

Thanks for the input, but its not the theme panel that has the problem, its the Add Control Dialog that I can't get to the buttons on. ...anyone have any ideas as to what might have caused this?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you send me a screenshot of this? Send it to [email protected].
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

What screen resolution are you running. Its possible that the dialog was set for a position based on a larger screen. Try dragging the dialog into the center of the screen using the blue bar on the dialog
Tofer

Post by Tofer »

I'm running a pretty standard 1280 x 1024 resolution, and I've tried about every combination of font sizes, screen resolutions, etc. that I can think of... As housebot is the only application (in fact just this one dialog!)that I am having trouble with, I've got to conclude that there's somethign peculiar about this dialog. I've tried everything I can think of, wasted many hours on this and it still doesn't work. Could somebody at Meedio please take a look at the code/resource files for this dialog so we can resolve this? (and btw, no, I don't have the dialog box off the edge of the screen)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you send me a screenshot of this? Send it to [email protected].
Scott