"Leave screen blank if currently blank" not workin

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

"Leave screen blank if currently blank" not workin

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Hi Scott,

On my ViewPad software remotes (HPC2000/ARM) I am now starting to use the hard buttons and I've run into two issues. One I suspect you can't do anything about but the other sounds like it might be a bug. The first is that the "Enter" hard button doesn't seem to do anything. More accurately it appears to emulate a press of whatever button currently has the focus. I suspect this is an issue in the hardware but I thought I'd ask.

The other issue is that I have the cursor buttons mapped to various functions but I find that when the screen it blanked it always comes back to life even though I have the "Leave screen blank if currently blank" box checked.

One other thing while we're on the subject of software remotes - every time I reboot the ViewPad I have to go through a ritual of changing the "Always on Top" setting for the taskbar. It starts off and I have to turn it on and back off again to make it so that my software remote (which takes up the entire screen) is on top of the taskbar. I noticed that there is no "Always on Top" option in the menu for the CE remotes (at least not for the HPC2000/ARM one). Might this be another case where you defaulted the setting to off but should have set it to on?

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: "Leave screen blank if currently blank" not wo

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

Sorry, I missed this message until now.

dlmorgan999 wrote:The first is that the "Enter" hard button doesn't seem to do anything. More accurately it appears to emulate a press of whatever button currently has the focus. I suspect this is an issue in the hardware but I thought I'd ask.
I haven't seen this problem. I only have a PPC with hard buttons and the enter seems to work correctly. It could be a hardware issue, or maybe something needs to be handled differently for that platform.
The other issue is that I have the cursor buttons mapped to various functions but I find that when the screen it blanked it always comes back to life even though I have the "Leave screen blank if currently blank" box checked.
Again, this works for my PPC :wink: Honestly, it's probably a hardware/driver/platform issue. The device is probably bringing the video out of standby when "it" detects a user action. The SWRemote actually goes out of its way to NOT wake the device up if the option is set.
...every time I reboot the ViewPad I have to go through a ritual of changing the "Always on Top" setting for the taskbar. ... Might this be another case where you defaulted the setting to off but should have set it to on?
Unfortunately, I don't have my HPC device any more to test this, but I do see something in the code that may be related.
Scott