Can't get IR repeat to work

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Can't get IR repeat to work

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I have most everything working at a basic level in my HouseBot installation now (and I'm LOVING it!). The only thing I haven't yet been able to get to work successfully is the Repeating function on a button. I have a popup panel where I have buttons mapped to the volume up and volume down IR codes on my receiver.

I've checked the "Enable Button Press Repeat" checkbox and selected the same property as the primary property for the button. I also made sure that "Allow Same Value Changes" was checked for the "Send IR Command" property on the receiver. But no matter how long I hold the button nothing happens until I release the button and then one IR code is sent. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the USB-UIRT for the IR interface.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

First determine if the SWRemote isn't sending the repeated codes, or whether there is a server issue. To test this, simply look at the History tab at the server for the property you are trying to change and see if property change events are added to the list while you hold the button. If you don't see the events in the history tab, the SWRemote is probably not sending them.

Also, try running a SWRemote using that same theme on the server and see if it works from a standard Windows platform.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Hi Scott,

With the help of your troubleshooting suggestions I figured out the problem. For whatever reason repeating does not work on a popup panel. I changed the panel to a primary panel and the repeat works just fine. I changed it back to a popup panel and it stopped working again.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

That's odd. I tried it here and it works ok on popups. It must be something in your configuration, but I can't think of what.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Scott,

I'll do some more playing over the weekend and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the help!

-- Dave
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Hi Scott,

I think I can finally reproduce this problem on demand. Here are the steps:

- create a primary panel with repeating buttons

- test it from a software remote (it should work fine)

- change the panel to a popup and save the theme

- reload the theme on the software remote (it should work fine)

- close the software remote

- close the server

- restart the server

- restart the software remote

- test it again on the software remote (now it shouldn't work)

This fails for me every time. Any ideas? If you need me to send you any of my config files just ask...

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

Thanks for the duplication scenario. I've found the problem and fixed it. Unfortunately there isn't really any workaround. The fix should be in the next release.
Scott
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Ok - thanks for the fix!