Dial Enhancement - Max Min bound to properties

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
dlock

Dial Enhancement - Max Min bound to properties

Post by dlock »

Would it be possible to enhance the Dial control so that the Max and Min values are bound to Device properties?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Anythings possible now that Meedio has the wheel.

Normally this wouldn't be needed though, since the Dial is bound to a particular Property and Properties generally have set limits.

An alternative would be to use a script to calculate the Dial position based on your min/max/value settings and set another property that is used by the Dial. This would be doing the same thing as the Dial logic if it were implemented as you suggested.
Scott
dlock

Post by dlock »

I kinda expected I would have do something like that.

I modelled a Thermostat using a Null Device, it has Proprties for Max & Min temp, current Temp and current State (Heating/Cooling). The Max & Min values are used to detemine when the state changes from Cooling to Heating & vice versa.

I have created a Theme Panel will Dials for the Max & Min values and a Gauge to show the current Temp. I wanted the set the Min & Max values of the gauge to be the same as the Thermostat Min/Max values rather than some arbitary 0 - 100 degrees C. i.e. the Gauge is relative to the comfort settings rather than absolute. I gues I'll have to calculate the gauge value as a percentage of the Min & Max value rather than use the absolute temp reading.
dlock

Post by dlock »

Now I think about it..... I could put a slider either side of the gauge to set the Min & Max values rather than dials. Visually this would be far more intuitive and will allow over & under temp readings to be displayed as well.