X10 Extended Command Dim Levels (leviton etc.)

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ChrisR

X10 Extended Command Dim Levels (leviton etc.)

Post by ChrisR »

Scott,

I've been experimenting with the leviton dim function in Housebot, using a UK LD11 dimmer. I've found that sending dim levels above 100 (3F hex) allow me to set different dim rates in the LD11 (i.e. I can make the dimmer change setting over longer times). What I really need to understand is the equation you've used to map the 0-100 (and above) dim level decimal number to the byte level value in the X10 command my CM12U (CM11 equiv) sends out. There appears to be a little 'creep' in the translation e.g. 100 = 3F, but 200 = 7E and 300 = BD.

Thanks for not making Housebot a 'granny app' i.e it warns me when I set a dim level above 100, but it goes ahead and lets me, unlike others! If I hadn't been able to this I never would have discovered the dim rate feature on my LD11.

Thanks & Regards

Chris
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Chris,

The 'creep' obviously comes from having to cram 100 levels into 64. I used 0 - 100, because my brain thinks in percentages much better than 0 - 63.

The equation is simply: 63 * DimLevel / 100

Also, if you want to change the range of 'selectable' values for the Leviton Dim Property, you can do it from the "Property Manager" (Settings/Property Manager). You will have to restart HouseBot for the new range to take effect.

Scott
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

:oops: Ha, obvious when you think about it, which I clearly didn't .

Many Thanks

Chris