Database error learning more IR codes

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
derek

Database error learning more IR codes

Post by derek »

I am getting a database error when learning new IR codes beacuse Housebot is tring to insert IRPosition = 80 into IRCodes table.

I already have an IRPosition 80 in the IRCodes table and the next free IRPosition is 511

How can I fix this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Derek,

Can you give me the exact text of the error? What hardware interface are you using to insert the new codes?
Scott
derek

Post by derek »

Scott,

I am using a Leopard I touch screen with the Ocelot plug-in to learn the IR codes.

The hardware is working fine.

The error message I am getting is

Aug 01 2004,10:33:21PM,Database,Error,"Database Error - Unknown Database Error - [insert into IRCodes(IRPosition,RemoteControlID,Description,InterfaceSpecific) values(80,29,'Source DTV','F=38;I=2;M=0;Z=0')]"

If I manually delete the record from IRCodes for ID 80 I can then add another IR code before the error occurs again. As I said before I am up to 510 IR codes so the ID that should be being added is 511.

Why is it trying to add record 80. Can I change something to make Housebot know it needs to add ID 511 next?

I can e-mail you the database if you like. The backup file compresses to 3Mb

Thanks for looking at this

Derek
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Derek,

You can send the HBData.mdb file (zippped) to me at [email protected], and I can look into it.

When you are trying to learn the code, do you have the 'Input' checkbox checked? It sounds like you have learned as many 'input' codes as the Ocelot/Leo will allow.

If you want to have the Ocelot receive (and decode) an IR code and send it along to HouseBot (or use it in a CMax prog), the IR code must be stored in the first 80 memory locations in the Ocelot. In the Housebot plugin, if you check the 'input' checkbox, I save the code in the lower memory locations. If it is not checked, I save it at the first available location start at location 81 so it will reserve the lower memory area for 'input' codes.

Also, you say that your next free position is 511? Do you really have THAT many codes learned? The Ocelot won't store more than 512 (0-511) codes, so you may be at a limit on the non-input code area as well. The plugin will try and find holes in the IR locations and insert it where ever it can find.
Scott
derek

Post by derek »

Scott,

I am only using Housebot to send IR codes apart from the first few that I learned as I/O.

Therefore the IRPositions used are 1-6 and then 80-510.

There are no gaps between 80 and 510.

What does Housebot do when it knows the upper limit has been reached? It sounds like it is trying to use 80 every time.

I only have a few more codes to learn so it sounds like if I set them as Input and Output they may write in the available slots below 80. I will give this a try.

Yes, I do need all these codes (26 remotes in total - they make quite a pile and took a while to learn the required codes) - 7 televisions, 3 digital TV receivers, 2 DVD players, 2 VCRs, 2 Satellite TV receivers, 3 Amplifiers, 1 x 6 zone Zantech (which acts like 6 seperate remotes) and 1 DVR.

Housebot software remotes are fantastic for controlling everything - or will be as soon as I finish designing all the screens.

Thanks for the support

Derek
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Derek,

As you suggested, if you check the 'input' box you should be able to use the first 80 positions for the remainder of your codes.

What does Housebot do when it knows the upper limit has been reached?
It obviously should display a message. However, I guess I never though anyone would have the patience to enter that many codes, so I never coded much of a user friendly event.
Scott