need help with winamp control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
sgcscorp

need help with winamp control

Post by sgcscorp »

I am able to control some controls from housebot to winamp

but how do you setup housebot to see the playlist and control the play list

I am new to housebot any help would be great .........
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

There are two different types of Playlists the the HouseBot WinAmp Device supports.
  • 1) Internal Playlists
    2) External Playlists
Internal Playlists are stored in the Play List 1, Play List 2, Play List 3, and Play List 4 Properties of the WinAmp Device. They are somewhat limited on their abilities.

External Playlists use a separate playlist file that can be created with the Playlist Manager application that comes with HouseBot (or with a text editor). External Playlists are more flexible and require a "Playlist Manager" Device to manage them.

I've been wanting to create a sample configuration for WinAmp for some time, but there is a minor bug with the configuration import that prevents the import from working 100%. I've fixed the problem, but the new release won't be available for a couple of weeks yet.

However, the sample does show several options on the WinAmp setup so I'll give you a link to the WinAmp sample configuration. The only thing that doesn't work is the Panel that uses external playlists.

You can either just use the sample to see how to set it up yourself, or if you feel brave, try and fix it. To fix it, delete the imported "Playlist Sample" device and create your own with the same name. You will also need to update the Theme Panel "Property Change" selection for the List control on that Panel to reflect the updated Playlist Device. You will also need to update the "Property Change" selection for the Directory control in the "Select Playlist" Panel.

Here's a link to the Configuration Sample.

[url=http://www.housebot.com\HouseBot\SampleConfigs\WinAmp Sample.hbx]WinAmp Sample Config[/url] To import it, select "File\Import Configuration..." from the main menu.

Good Luck,

Scott