CallerID problem

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Automate

CallerID problem

Post by Automate »

Scott, what format are you expecting for the the CallerID data? I can do the following with HyperTerminal.

AT&F#CID=1

OK

RING

DATE = 0620

TIME = 1311

NAME = ATLANTA, GA

NMBR = 678XXXXXXX

RING

But I only get the "Time of last Call" and "Number of Rings" in HB.

Thanks for the help
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It looks in the response data for: NAME = and NMBR =. If it finds them both, it parses out the data after the '=' and sends the data to the ModemPhoneStatus Device.

In looking at the code, the only thing that I can think of is that the line terminator from your modem is different from what I am expecting. I'll send you a new version with some additional tracing that may shed some light on the problem.

Scott
Automate

Post by Automate »

I ran across this article when I was looking into Caller ID. Sounds like he had a similar problem.

http://www.15seconds.com/Issue/020626.htm

"I was having problems dealing with

the returns and line feeds so I deleted

them from the Buffer"

On one of my modems I had to change the init string to

+VCID=1

Have you thought any more about using TAPI? It might

eliminate some of these issues.

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I've emailed you an updated Plugin with some additional tracing (warning messages) and a possible fix. I'm guessing that it is the line feeds as well (that is the fix I added).

I have indeed considered tapi. I was looking at using it for some advanced call processing logic that I was going to add to the Modem Phone Status plugin. However, it seems that although tapi does solve some problems, it creates some of its own. I've read that except for simple applications, people end up discarding tapi and doing it the hard way because they have full control over the data. I still haven't decided, since I've put that project on the back burner.

Scott