PPC client - no display on screen blank

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
schettj

PPC client - no display on screen blank

Post by schettj »

When the device sleeps with the remote displayed, pressing power to wake it up shows just a blue screen... pressing a hard button repaints the screen.

Also, can you tell me what 'buttons' on the theme editor correspond to which hard buttons on the ppc?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It sounds like the software Remote is never really waking when you press the power button. After you press the power button, look at the "Software Remotes' list on HouseBot and see what the current "State" is for the Software Remote. Let me know what it says.

I generally turn off the auto-suspend feature of the PPC and let the Software Remote handle it. That way, the Software Remote will put the PPC into a soft-sleep mode (blanks the screen, but keeps the program running). From the soft-sleep, the Software Remote can respond much faster since it never really went to sleep.

There are no Theme control buttons that will emulate the hardware buttons on the PPC. You can, however, assign five of the standard buttons on the PPC plus the cursor and enter keys to change any Property Value in HouseBot. You can configure the hardware buttons on the "Buttons" tab of the Panel property screen in the Theme editor. Since this is done on the Panel property screen, each Panel can have its own unique key mappings.

The actual association of what "Button 1", "Button 2", etc., maps to is unique on each device, so I just named them generically. You might have to play around with the buttons to learn what they are associated to on your PPC.

Scott