SH3 Support

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ckusmierz

SH3 Support

Post by ckusmierz »

I just stumbled on Housebot, just what I've been looking for, intuitive flexible, practicle...I downloaded and installed Housebot, question - I have a HP Jornada 548 with the SH3 processor, runs PocketPC 2000, is this currently supported? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.

Also, I think I saw where the FireCracker interface doesn't use the X10 software, which in my case is acting a bit buggy(works sending test commands, but not otherwise) yet housebot isn't toggling my devices either. I setup firecracker hardware interface, added a x10 lamp module device, created a task for on and off, yet I can't get this work.

Any Ideas?

BTW I'm a VB programmer and I wouldn't be adverse to helping out with this project.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You're the first to ask for SH3 support. I've never built an SH3 client because I don't have anything to test it on. If you want, I can send you a version that you can try out on your Jornada.

My suggestions for checking the Firecracker setup are:
  • Make sure the HouseBot Device is using the FireCracker Interface that you have configured.
    Make sure you have selected the correct COM port on the FireCracker Interface.
    Make sure the HouseCode setup on the Device is the same HouseCode that is configured on the X10 RF Base module that is required for the FireCracker.

The SDK section of the site has a VB Device SDK, if you are interested in writing any software Devices.

Scott
ckusmierz

SH3 Processor

Post by ckusmierz »

ScottBot, if you could send me a SH3 version that would be great, I'll be a guinea^H^H^H^H^H^H beta tester.

I'll try the FireCracker tips also, I only started playing last night and was kinda beat, so I'll try this weekend.
ckusmierz

SH3 Support

Post by ckusmierz »

Scott,

I got your SH3 build via email, seems to work just fine so far.

I'm still fighting with my X10 CM17A, it will work if I send a test command through the setup popup menu, but otherwise, no joy.

My current work around is executing a command line program I found on the net. By changing the arguement list I can control my X10 modules from my Jornada by way of 802.11b, housebot client/server, X10.

I'll let you know how I make out.

I guess the Gods of thechnology feel they must continue to challange me.