Thermostat Device

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Eric,

I did a quick check and the plugin seems to mostly work.

It seems that it is reporting the same temperature values for preset dims from unit code 11 as for unit code 12. The values are right for unit code 12. I really don't expect to see too many temperatures in the unit code 11 range.

The threshold crossed property seems to go to yes when ever you receive an housecode:unitcode on or off. It must be cleared to detect the next change. I guess what I originally was looking for was just an on/off property that reflected which had been received. I guess both indications as separate properties might be useful.

I'm away for a couple of days and will give it a thorough test on Sunday.

Thanks for the quick response in coding this device. I wasn't expecting anything for a while.

Mark
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Mark,

My fault on unit code 11 and 12 reporting the same temp range. Copy and paste error :oops:

The "Threshold Crossed" property should go to On when an "On" command is received and go Off when any other command is received for the HC/UC combination specified. Not sure what's happening there.

I will get the updated plug-in to Scott in a day or two so you can test it when you get the chance.

You're welcome on the quick response. I wanted to get it out of the way before I really get into my 1-wire plug-in because once I get started on that one I want to keep focused.

Eric
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Eric,

I played a little more with your TempLink device. I think some of the strange behavior with the threshold crossed was due to the fact that I hadn't deleted the old version of the RCS TX15B thermostat device.

I deleted both devices and then added back a TempLink device. Now the threshold crossed value appears as read only (it didn't before). When the device is first created the value for this property is no. It seems to change to yes when it receives the first update. if I look at another device and then back at this device it changes to reflect on or off appropriately and then seems to work fine. Perhaps there is an issue with the default value set at device setup time.

Anyway it is not a problem because it ends up working fine after a bit.

If you get back into mucking around with this device could you change the "default property" from Threshold Crossed to Current Temp. That way the temperature will be shown when looking at a higher level of the devices tree.

Thanks,

Mark
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Mark,

I will look a bit further into the threshold issue and I will make current temp the default property (I thought it was but it is probably another copy and past error).

Glad it seems to be working for you.

Eric
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Eric,

As promised I tested out the TempLink device yesterday and all seems to work fine other than the minor things I mentioned previously.

Thanks again for creating this :D

Mark
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Mark,

That's good to hear. I changed the default property but haven't sent the new code to Scott yet because I still want to look a bit further into the Threshold property issue.

Eric
bsmout

Post by bsmout »

Eric,

I just received my RCS TX15B (yes I found one :) ) but I'm having trouble to get it working. After changing the power supply to a 240V and using an XM10E TTL interface I'm however able to put the fan on/off using housebot.

But I'm not receiving the current temperature of the thermostat. What should I do to get it working (maybe I just forget something ?).

I'm seeing following errors in the system log:

- Unable to get all required properties for the RCS TX15B Thermostat Device.

- Error initializing device [Thermostaat].

- Unable to send subscription notification to device [5254051]. HBDeviceSubscriptionNotification() is not exported.

(The last error repeats frequently.)

Any ideas ? Thanks.
Kind regards,

Bram
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Bram,

What you need to try is to delete the thermostat device, get the latest plug-in and recreate the device. It sounds like you have an old device trying to run with a newer plug-in.

Hope that helps.

Eric
bsmout

Post by bsmout »

Eric,

That did it !

I already had the latest plugin but I needed to delete and re-create the device.

Still one minor issue:

I'm not using the Fahrenheit but hte Celsius temperature scale but it seems the 'setback delta' property only allows to select a Fahrenheit preset ? Or am I seeing this wrong ?

Thanks for the help (and the great plugin)
Kind regards,

Bram
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

I figured someone would eventually want celsuis :oops:

I will see what I can do to deal with either fahrenheit or celsuis.

Eric