NotificationList

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
Francois

NotificationList

Post by Francois »

Hello,

First i'd like to say that House bot is a great software, Thank you !

I am currently writing a software plugin and I'd like to receive other devices notifications. I found the following in the sdk:

Code: Select all

SubscribeToNotificationList("X10 Global Reception (ALL)")

I cannot test it since i don't have any X10 devices (yet ! :D). Will I receive every X10 based notification using this ?

There is a list of "Well Known" list name in the sdk. Are there more of them ? Is that up to the hardware plugin to create them ?

Is there a way to "hook" other software plugins property change ?

Thank you

--

Francois
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Francois,

Great questions.

Will I receive every X10 based notification using this ?
No. If you also use the "X10 Reception (ALL)" you will receive all. If you create an X10 Controller Device, you will see what these two lists provide by what it returns in its Composite Property.
There is a list of "Well Known" list name in the sdk. Are there more of them ? Is that up to the hardware plugin to create them ?
There are more lists, but the ones (four of them) listed in the SDK are the X10 lists. It is entirely up to the Hardware Interface what name to give to the list for subscriptions. The hope is that common interface types will all share the same subscription list names so that Devices can interoperate between interfaces of the same type. The 'well known' names listed in the SDK are the ones that I used when creating the initial X10 hardware interfaces.

Is there a way to "hook" other software plugins property change ?
Not really. There's nothing like a callback in a Device plugin that can be used to hook into this. Generally when you need to do something like this, you will need the help of a Task. Have a Task condition on the property you want to 'hook' and then change a Property in your Device. It may sound like a bit of a hack, but it's fairly flexible.
Scott
Francois

Post by Francois »

ScottBot,

Thank you for these quick answers ;)

I'll get some X10 devices on next monday. I'll give it a try.

--

Francois