HB 2.00 lockup

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

HB 2.00 lockup

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott installed 2.00 last night. Sometime in the middle of the nite the HB server PC locked up. Restarted this morning and it worked for a while then HB became unresponsive - would not acknowledge time tasks or HB remote button presses. Tried to remove and revert to 1.63 (the latest I had). I had backed up the themes and mdb before the 2.00 install. But after installing 1.63 (after deleting the HBSERVER. EXE) I'm still unable to get HB server to start. What do I need to do to revert to a pre 2.0 version?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Did the whole machine lock up, or just HouseBot? Can you describe the lockup a bit, like could you move the mouse, CPU % etc. Any info may help.

As far as rolling back, if you have MS Access, you *should* be able to change the VersionInfo table to SchemaVersion=9 and DataVersion=14 in your HBData.mdb file and restart. I've not tested this, but it's likely to be the first (and maybe only) issue.

If you don't have Access, you can send me your HBData.mdb file and I'll change it for you.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, I changed the MS Access HBDATA table values, but when 1.63 restarted I got as lot of messages (that I could not capture) that seemed to indicate it could not find all the devices. Then it opened a dialogue box with another error message that I couldn't capture, followed by an ARF. So I baled and reinstalled 2.00. During ITS startup all the drivers loaded, but then I got messages "unable to get direct X10 command property for....." for what seems like all the X10 devices. But everything seems to work (IR, X10). Don't know about timed events yet.

When the server locked up, the screen saver was frozen, when normally its displaying some wild moving image. Ideas? Let's see what happens next.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Sorry to hear of your 2.0 woes. Hopefully, you're an isolated case, but I'd still like to get to the bottom of it. If you want to send me a copy of your HBData.mdb file, I may be able to reconstruct it to NOT display the errors on startup.

Try and get an idea of just how 'locked-up' it is. I'd suggest running a minimized Task Manager so you can see a miniature CPU meter in the status bar. That may not work with the screen saver running, but it won't hurt. Also, let me know what Hardware Interfaces you are running. Any clue at all may help.

Maybe try running without the screen saver so you can get a clue from the screen if it hangs.
Scott