Girder bridge and payloads

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
acheslow

Girder bridge and payloads

Post by acheslow »

I think the Girder bridge is forcing double-quotes around the Event String so that you cannot directly send a payload.

The parameters to ieventc are ieventc <address> <port> <password> <eventstring> <payload> [status/stresstest] [event-repeat] [sleep] [login-repeat]

If I set the property GirderDevice.Event String to eventstring payload then HB apparently sends ieventc "eventstring payload" so that Girder interprets "eventstring payload" as the event string.

In order to send a payload I have to set the property GirderDevice.Event String to eventstring" "payload so that HB will send "eventstring" "payload".
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You're right, it does enclose the eventstring in quotes. It does this so event strings can contain spaces. I'm afraid that if I change it at this point, it will break existing configurations.

Maybe it needs an additional Property for Payload that will be sent after the event string :?: :?:
Scott
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

That would work. I don't know how useful it would be but you may want to include the other parameters too: [status/stresstest] [event-repeat] [sleep] [login-repeat]

That would allow, for example, sending an event 20 times at once. Can't think of a practical application for this though.

Thanks, Alan