Sensing SECU16 supervised input... not

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Sensing SECU16 supervised input... not

Post by Steve Horn »

I have one SECU16 supervised input tied to the media eqpt. cabinet door via a mag switch so that when the cabinet door opens the rack illumination is turned on (via an X10 wall switch mod). It worked fine when coded within the Leopard/Ocelot. But I'm gradually migrating all the task stuff off the LEO to the HB server. But it does not seem that the HB input device is sensing the state changes in the input: state always = "opened" . I can monitor the input via the CMAX code when connected to the LEO and the input is changing state there. The module # and input # in HB agree with the LEO. What am I missing?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Before I steal my secu16 from my production (home) system to debug, let me suggest the following two points.

1) I don't remember if the module and state values are 1 or 0 based. Try adjusting the numbers up and down by one value and see if it works.

2) Can you run a trace (trace to file) of your Ocelot Interface and send it to me after you try and change one of the inputs? You will have to setup the tracing by clicking on the 'Advanced' button on the Tracing window. The trace may also give you some clues on what the problem may be. Send the trace files to [email protected]

Scott