External property changes & ocelot speed

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
jw666

External property changes & ocelot speed

Post by jw666 »

I had a couple ideas which I thought would be useful:

1. I use a program on my HTPC that launches various apps. I have similar behaviors done via housebot so that I can use my IR remote to do the same things. It would be nice if I could change a property externally which would force housebot to run some the same tasks. Maybe something like "housebot.exe -propertychange <property name> <property value>"?

2. Ocelot IR recognitions is generally slow. Since housebot has a list of the various IR command to recognize, it could tweak the max ir register to the absolute minimum needed to increase recognition speed.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I like the idea of controlling HouseBot externally. I'd probably write a separate application for this, since it would load and execute faster. I can add command line switches to do about everything you can do from a script Device.

I'll add these to the list.

Thanks,

Scott
jw666

Post by jw666 »

Cool. can't wait.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: External property changes & ocelot speed

Post by ScottBot »

jw666,

I made an "External Control" Device that you can use to control HouseBot remotely. It contains a new application (HB_Control.exe) that you can use to do some simple control of HouseBot. Mainly if you can set Property values and start Tasks, that's about all the control you need.

Check it out and see if it works for you. You can find it in the Plugins section of the Download page.

Scott
jw666 wrote:1. I use a program on my HTPC that launches various apps. I have similar behaviors done via housebot so that I can use my IR remote to do the same things. It would be nice if I could change a property externally which would force housebot to run some the same tasks. Maybe something like "housebot.exe -propertychange <property name> <property value>"?
jw666

Post by jw666 »

wow. it's way more than i asked for. it fits the bill perfectly and certainly simplifies some of my configurations a bunch. thanks (for this and the whole project).