Conditions in Tasks not working

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Easley

Conditions in Tasks not working

Post by Easley »

I am having trouble getting conditions to work. To simplify I created the following test Task:

If ('Denon AVR-5700.PowerState' is Equal 'On') Then

Change 'Denon AVR-5700.Input Selection' To 'DVD'

Else If ('Denon AVR-5700.PowerState' is Equal 'Off') Then

Change 'Denon AVR-5700.Input Selection' To 'TV/DBS'

Else

Change 'Denon AVR-5700.Input Selection' To 'VCR 1'

My receiver switches to VCR 1 when Run. The PowerState HAS to be one of the 2 values (On or Off). So it looks like HB is not evaluating the expressions properly. I have tried other devices with the same result. Any ideas?

Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I found (and fixed) a nasty problem dealing with Tasks right after I released 1.20. I was hesitant to update the release so soon, but I would like to get the fix out.

I just put together an update with the fix included. Can you try the version at http://www.housebot.com/HouseBot/HouseBot_121.exe and let me know if this fixes your problem.

Scott
Easley

Post by Easley »

That fixed it. Thanks.

One question about that new version. I just ran it on top of my old version.

1. Was that what you wanted?

2. It's still using my original HBData.mdb. Were there any updates to the new ones structure?

3. Were ther any updates to other files (besides HouseBotServer.exe) in your update? I just want to make sure that all the required files got updated since I do a over-the-top install.

Thanks Scott.

Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Installing it over the old version is what I expected. There were only minor changes, but everything gets rebuilt. Whenever you install a new version of HB, you should always be able to install it over the old version. It will make Database changes as needed, so you won't lose your current configuration.

The HBData.mdb file is the exact same structure as before.

Thanks,

Scott