Set "control focus" to select ??

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
mbilodo

Set "control focus" to select ??

Post by mbilodo »

I'm having great time configuring my Housebot server, but i'm getting trouble here!. In a task when i'm trying to set Control Fucus to Select it does work. Look like radio button does deselect up/down/r/l/val button.

Anyone can help ?

:D
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's good to hear that you're having fun.

You may be one of the few that are actually using the 'control focus' functionality, so there may be some issues that you may encounter.

The 'control focus' feature is mainly for driving the SW Remote UI externally (from a Task instead of from a finger). The 'select' will only work if the control has the focus. Have you moved the focus (using the up/down/left/right control focus commands) to the button first? If so, using the 'select' focus action should cause the button to 'push'.

Also make sure the 'Enable Control Focus Management' check box is on in the configuration dialog on the SW Remote.
Scott
mbilodo

Post by mbilodo »

There is something i don't get. In fact, the task is working. So i can navigate thru the button in the UI with the left, rigth etc... But when it come to set the task action to Control focus, i can't choose only the Select function it always set to 'move up' in the first row. And even i choose Select the task still set to 'Move up'. ??

Keep on rocking !

Martin.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Martin,

Now I see. This is certainly a bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

If you have MS Access, I can tell you how to manually set it to 'Select' in the database if you're interested.
Scott
mbilodo

Post by mbilodo »

Scott,

Sure i'd really appreciate to set it to work.(humm humm i say to a friend of mine that it's working :oops: ).

Let me know the recipe and it will make my day :!: :!:

Thanks for the great support...

Martin
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Martin,

Here's what you need to do. It's a bit esoteric, but I'll do my best to describe it. I would suggest you first backup your database file, just in case...

1. Open the HBData.mbd file (found in the HouseBot\Config directory) in MS Access.
  2. Stop HouseBot running.
  3. Open the Tasks table.
  4. Find the name of the Task you are working with and remember the ID value.
  5. Open the TaskBlocks table and find all records that have a matching TaskID value. Record all of these TaskBlock IDs.
  6. Open the TaskList table.
  7. Find all records in this table that have a matching TaskBlock ID AND have a Type=4 and SubType=6. One of these will be the culprit.
  8. Change the NewValue to 5 for one of these records at a time. 5 is the value for 'select' that is not getting set right.
  9. Restart HouseBot and check it out in the Task to see if it is right. If it changed the wrong item, go back and try a different record
Hope this makes some sense to you. Good luck.
Scott
mbilodo

Post by mbilodo »

You got it !

Just the right thing, now it's working.

Thanks again, great support !

Way to go !

Martin :D