Email Sender Device

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
e10kstarfire

Email Sender Device

Post by e10kstarfire »

Got a problem with this:-

I have it setup and it successfully sends email for me on the first attempt, as logged in the system log.

The problem is, Send Message always says set at Yes - according to the docs. it should set back to No once its completed.

Its not really an issue as setting it to Yes again will correctly generate another email, its just that its differing from the help docs.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Looks like another misleading help file. I think it used to reset itself, but for some reason I removed the resetting. Like you said, you can simply set it to "Yes" again.

I'll update the help in the next version. Thanks for the info. It's good to know someone is reading the help :wink:
Scott
e10kstarfire

Post by e10kstarfire »

I've been reading them a lot recently as I'm learning!

It would be nice to perhaps see it set to "Yes" while it is trying to send email (as it retries if it fails and can take minutes to run), and then set to No once it has completed.

That way you can check the Device and see if its trying to send an email at the moment.

BTW, thanks for a great program, I've got it monitoring the house and sending SMS alerts to my phone of any issues 8)