Consistency issue with Remotes

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
incoronado

Consistency issue with Remotes

Post by incoronado »

I'm seeing a couple of issues now that I have developed a full functioning android interface.

I make use of transparent buttons to have indicators underneath change status when a button is pushed. I just noticed, although this works on Android remote, it does not seem to work the same on the x86 remote.

1.) Using the x86 remote it allows the status to show through a completely transparent property change button, but doesn't allow touch function to work within indicator button area. Even though I have set the property change button to be on the top layer.

2.) If the property change button has any portion of the image that is not transparent (.png) it will not show the indicator beneath. Yet it shows parts of the panel background through the transparency. If the property change image is completely transparent, it seems to show through.

This works perfectly on the android interface.
Attachments
demonstration.png
demonstration.png (15.13 KiB) Viewed 13357 times
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Consistency issue with Remotes

Post by Richard Naninck »

That's a known issue or maybe even a feature however the workaround is not using indicators but dynamic images on x86 remotes.
incoronado

Re: Consistency issue with Remotes

Post by incoronado »

Thanks Richard. I was unaware of this. Thanks for the workaround.